What's on my Mind that's Unique!!

03 April 2012

The Power of the PEN is back AGAIN~!!







APRIL IS POETRY MONTH


po·et·ry/ˈpōətrē/

"Literary work in which special intensity is given to the expression of feelings and ideas by the use of distinctive style and rhythm;..."


A quality of beauty and intensity of emotion regarded as characteristic of poems: "poetry and fire are nicely balanced in the music".
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I remember when I was in grade school, I had a handy journal (which I still have up to now) and a trusty pen which I stashed away in my school bag along with everything that I need to survive a tedious day of learning. When others doodled, I was being artistic in my own seat and writing down the menagerie of words running in my head!


After being an archaeologist in my room (yeah, I had some spring cleaning in line), I discovered my handy notebook, along with the poems I have written even as young as 12 years old! I was very young and beautiful then.{ now i'm just beautiful!}


In the occasion of April being POETRY MONTH , I shall be posting up some poems that I have written over the years, as well as those that have inspired my writings. 


I guarantee that some will make you smile, laugh, rekindle the feelings of being young, and even make you remember things that makes life worthwhile!


I also have a chapter entitled "BITCHY POETRY" which shows you the inside-my-head-thoughts of 17 year old me, going thru a crazy time being a teenager!!
 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Written in the Year 2000




What love can do




When two lovers love

The stars sparkle brightly from heaven’s above


When sweethearts kiss
Everything turns to bliss
Sweet roses and daisies merrily dance
As lovers pass by holding hands
Season flowers just bloom and die
Unlike love which doesn’t just come and pass by
Love has always been a mystery
And I hope the answer will come to me
Great kings and poets seek for the answer
Yet up to now they still wonder

It’s a mystery what love can do
But for me to be true
I still wonder like you
Surely, love will come in our lives too. 





----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------









THANKS FOR READING THE FIRST POEM

FEEL FREE TO COMMENT 

No comments:

Post a Comment